Sunday, September 21, 2008

Who takes polaroids anymore?

Kev's surgery to repair his completely torn Achilles tendon was successful. We asked the Doctor to take pictures of the surgery and I almost gave him my digital camera when he said he had his own equipment. Little did I know, that by "equipment" he meant "a measly Polaroid camera"! So, for all of you who voted "Bring it on" to see surgery pics, here you go...

and to give you a better idea of the procedure here are pictures of the same surgery on a different guy. You can see the tendon torn and then repaired.


















He's doing well, but he is still in lots of pain. He'll start physical therapy in a couple weeks and that will last for 8-12 weeks!!!


So, as a side note to all you awesome weekend warriors out there (this is what the doctor called Kev when he was drug in by his equally sweaty, middle-aged friends)...just stretch a little bit more than you usually would (although this really is a freak of an accident) and maybe play just a little bit lighter than you normally do...We, your wives, know how awesome and steller and amazing and austounding you are...and you play just as great-if not better than you did 10 years ago...really...but please just don't get injured and put your poor wives through this!

11 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

Cool pics! LOVE the side note :)

Carn Family said...

Ok...so kind of gross but still cool!

Jewels said...

gross pics...loved the side note!!!

Campbell Family said...

Hey you guys! I'm so happy to see that you have joined the rest of the blog world! The girls are so beautiful and look like so much fun! I can't believe about Kev's foot...Ouch! Hope everything went OK and that his recovery is going well. We sure miss you guys! I'm excited to see what you guys are up to now...thank goodness for blogs! Tell everyone hi!

Emily said...

Love the blog! (it's E-MO here!) Give Kevin my best...from the looks of those pictures he is in a lot of pain! OUCH!!

eBay said...

This is disgusting!! haha. I still tell people all the time about my friend who broke his leg 3 times playing soccer on sunday! Such a good teaching moment. Hope you are recovering well. My brother in law had this surgery and it was brutal. {this is Brooke by the way} c-ya

Jeni and Dave said...

One positive thing about this is now you have a blog so we can all know about your adventures and see your beautiful girls! I'm excited to keep better in touch with the Lowe's. Hang in there both of you with the surgery. No fun.

Bobby said...

I'm calling BS. If that were really Kevin, that Dr. would up to his neck in leg hair. I wonder if this ever happened to Boss Man playing basketball?

Company EIGHT said...

VERY cool pics! I love seeing that kind of stuff!

Wendy said...

Kevin, those pictures are seriously nasty. They're giving me a stomach ache.

Hi! Your girls are sooooo cute. So fun to find your blog. It's Wendy here, I don't know if you remember me but you told me that I blossomed once. :)

Shauna said...

Steph, I just entered the blogging world and found yours through Dara's. So, I need your e-mail so I can invite you to view mine. E-mail me at shaunaab@gmail.com. Your girls are beautiful! Tell Kev hello and we hope he recovers quickly!