Thursday, October 30, 2008

In the dark of the night!

Every night before I go to bed, I check on the girls. I tuck all their blankets back on, kiss their little heads and head off to my bedroom to go to bed. Last night, after I finished my bedtime routine, I heard the toilet running in the girls bathroom. I walked back down the hall....no one was there. I looked back into their rooms...no one had moved...AT ALL...not even an inch. They were EXACTLY as I had left them! So naturally...I completely freak out! Who flushed the toilet??? I know it wasn't Kev because 1. He isn't a quiet person and 2. He was also dead asleep. So I ran back to my bedroom and woke him up..."Kev, go check the house. Someone flushed the toilet and it wasn't the girls!!!" (Please tell me I'm not the only wife to make her husband go check out freaky noises in the middle of the night !). Now, Kev IS THE WORST person to wake up. He is completely incoherent and has no idea what is going on! He starts complaining that I'm waking him up! Somehow he manages to get up, stumbles down to the bathroom, and looks INSIDE the toilet and exclaims, "There's no one here"! No kidding! So I make HIM look behind the shower curtain (because there's no way I'm looking there) and then I proceed to make him look in every closet, room, crevasse of the house! I even made him look in the garage and in the cars (just in case)! Unfortunately, once he "came to" he just laughed at me the entire time he was checking for the mysterious toilet flusher! So in the end, I still have no idea who flushed the toilet. It's just another night of many where I make him check out the freaky noises!

5 comments:

Carn Family said...

Ok you crack me up! First off I totally agree with the whole freaky noise thing...I freak out at stuff like that as well, but the fact that you thought not only did someone possibly break into your home you thought that they were comfortable enough to use the potty while in the process. Seriously Kevin deserves a gold star for the night. I hope your potty ghost finds another house to spook :)

Melissa said...

So FUNNY! I must admit I have woke Rich up many times to double check the doors are locked or to check on a noise I heard or recently check the deck like 5 times to make sure the fire REALLY was out before I could go to sleep. It is such a good thing they love us so much!!!!

Company EIGHT said...

LOL! This totally made me laugh, because I do the same thing to Rick. One time though, I was home alone with my mom, and the blowdryer suddenly came on all by itself!! FREAKY!!! So, my mom made ME go check it out, lol!

Anonymous said...

so he looked INSIDE the toilet expecting to find someone IN the toilet???? hmmm..... sounds like he is someone who also tries to butcher his hair right before church...

EJS said...

I can state with any and all certainty that my wife will always wake me up, no matter the time, to investigate any creak, groan, crack, grind, moan, wing blowing, dog barking, little girl talking, etc. I would complain, but many of our stories end up just as entertaining as Kevin's. This is Kevin's friend Eric from work, by the way.