Wednesday, December 30, 2009

a GRRREAT time

As an early Christmas present to ourselves, we took the girls up to Great Wolf Lodge. It is a themed hotel with an indoor water park. We absolutely love it there and were more than excited to get out of town--even if it was a quick trip.

We had fun playing in the water, flying down the water slides, sleeping in bunk beds, getting in our pj's for story time, and getting snowed on indoors! Kassie and Amberlee were both barely tall enough to go down the big slides by themselves. I was a little nervous, and they were so brave and proud of themselves. Emma had fun running away from sharks in the lazy river, and Laicee cried each time she went on the water slides...but, she kept going. So, somewhere deep inside her I'm sure she loved it as well!

I can't even tell you the pure joy and laughter that came from all of us on this trip!


Kev and Laicee on the lazy river


Amberlee floating along

We treated the girls to chocolate fondue.

They couldn't believe all they could dip into chocolate!

6 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

HOW fun! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away!

Carn Family said...

Looks like a ton of fun. Charlie wants to go so bad but I am too scared of someone dying. You will have to share your tips and tricks with me on keeping all the kiddos together!

luckyduck said...

That's awesome you were able to spend such a fun weekend together. I keep hearing about this place and now I want to go with my family!

Erica said...

so fun! our holidays just ended and i'm already wishing i was there on vacation! looks like you guys had a blast together!

Campbell Family said...

How fun! We did something like that when we lived in Iowa. It's a great way to beat the freezing weather!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Christmas card! Darling! Mine is on my blog ww.dkharrisfamily.blogspot.com
I didn't get many out this year due to LIFE!