Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sewing and Sock-hops

Ok...I LOVE to do projects. However...let's understand one thing...I do not sew and I really REALLY do not like it! That being said...I love that when I do attempt to make something, it turns out crooked and lopsided and always adorable!

Every year, there's a sock-hop at the girl's elementary school. I thought that we would not be able to make it this year...but at the last minute, the girls needed those poodle skirts! So, in my creative and crafty ways, I headed out to Joann's to get my needed supplies and spent the afternoon whipping these cuties out!
Oh, as a disclaimer...my sewing sister came to my aid...yeah!!! After I used our large wall clock and tape measure to cut out two circle skirts...she called and was more than happy to help with my project. So while I can claim the *concept* of this project...she was the sewing chick behind it all (I ironed the poodle on...does that count???)!

Can you believe that the kids were totally rockin' out to AC/DC at an elementary dance!

Kassie and one of her BFFs---Rachel

She was so excited for the hula-hoop contest...look at all of those skirts!!!

Amberlee, Sophie, and Kassie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What adorable little "sock hoppers" Very inventive to use the large clock as your pattern. Your sewing helper did a great job too. Cannot wait to see your next project.

Love yo all,
Grandma Bregg

Erica said...

Too cute! Your idea was wonderful and the skirts turned out adorable! I may just have to enlist you and your sister's help on some of my own projects :)

Effie said...

You are ever so clever! Well done.

Carn Family said...

Wow, how cute! I love that you used a wall clock to cut the skirts out...that so sounds like something I would do. What a fun night for the girls. I guess I know who to call if I ever need to borrow a poodle skirt.

Our Family Adventures said...

I am SO impressed!!! They turned out Adorable! Love 'em :)

Company EIGHT said...

they are all adorable--the skirts, and the girls!! i'm so impressed---you did a fanastic job! and you are a smarty pants to use the clock. :)

luckyduck said...

Your girls look simply adorable in those cute skirts! I don't have sewing skills either so that gives me hope. Now all I need is a sewing sister. ;-) You are so creative.

Campbell Family said...

aren't you just the most creative little mommy ever...good job! they sure looked so cute!

eight happy "hardts" said...

Way To Go!! Those turned out Darling! HUM, I wonder if that is what they will be wearing to church tomorrow. (if it were my girls they would BEG to wear them everyday)