Thursday, November 27, 2008

What would I do without you?

As today is Thanksgiving, I wanted to write a post for one thing I am especially thankful for this year! As you may know, my parents bought the house next door to us. My mom and dad have been here periodically since then...but my mom has been here for the past 2 months!!! I'm so sad that she will be leaving for California tomorrow. My life now has to get back to normal :(!Here is my list of why my I am so thankful for my mom and why she is the BEST neighbor in the world!
  1. She came over almost morning to help with breakfast and watch Laicee while I took my older girls to school!

  2. She watched Emma and Laicee while I took the older girls to dance class and soccer!

  3. She picked up things for me at the grocery store whenever I need them!

  4. She would bring me coke and sandwiches for lunch!

  5. We'd go shopping together!

  6. She watched the girls while I volunteered in the girls classes!

  7. She came over during nap time so I could run errands!

  8. She'd surprise me and clean-up dinner and do the dishes while I gave the girls their baths!

  9. She let the girls come over to play at her house for HOURS at a time!

  10. She never complained to help! She was just happy to be with her grand-daughters!

  11. She read the girls bedtime stories!

  12. She had numerous movie nights with the girls so I could go out with my friends...and Kevin too!

  13. She gladly let the girls hug her to death every time they saw her!

  14. She has helped so much with everything as Kev has been studying ALL THE TIME for his HUGE test that he is taking soon!

Mom, I love you and I am so thankful for how amazing you have been! You have made it so that I haven't lost my mind dragging all my little ones around while Kev has been out of commission! You have stepped in when I have needed you the most! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you and I'm seriously going to miss you!!!

I hope you all have had a great day! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph,
It has been a very short 2 months and I have LOVED every second I have spent with your and the girls.I will miss them and Jackson more than words can ever express.

One last comment--I fully intend to hold you to your promise to push Dad & I around in our wheel chairs when we are really really old and infirm.

See you all after the snow melts.

MOM

Effie said...

Hi Stephanie,
Okay so I am curious, who do you know in Switzerland? They are connecting into my blog through yours. I just was curious.:) What fun to have been able to enjoy your mom so much. Happy holidays.

Carn Family said...

What a special time you have had together. I am sure you are so sad to see her go. Don't worry though we are all still here for you!

Campbell Family said...

What a sweet post Steph! I had no idea your mom was SO close...how fun for you. Aren't mothers just the greatest! Sounds like you are very lucky and blessed with a wonderful one! I loved what she said..."see you after the snow melts"...so cute!

Erica said...

What a sweet sweet mom. Your girls will especially cherish those moments forever :)